Even though I have not yet finished reading Animal Farm. I have decided to write a summary on what I have read so far.
Summary
The novel starts out with the farm animals getting together to hear Old Major’s speech. Old Major speech comes from the dream he had the previous night. Facing death Old Major informs the animals that it is his duty to pass on his wisdom to them. He then tells them how the lives of all animals are “miserable, laborious and short” because of humans. To stop this horrible treatment he advises them to rebel against Mr. Jones and the human society. Old Major describes his dream, where all animals live in a happy place without any human tyranny. He also advises them to not adapt to the human way of life.
Examples:
Not live in a house
Sleeping in a bed
Wear clothes
Drink alcohol
Smoke tobacco
Touch money
Trade
Old Major then introduced a song to them called the Beast of England. The animals’ continue singing it until they hear a sound. The sound was Mr. Jones firing a shot. This shot causes the animals to stop their activity and go to sleep.Three days later Old Manor had dies, though his speech still remain alive. His speech inspires the animals to have a rebellion.The rebellion fell upon two pigs. The two pigs go by the name of Napoleon and Snowball.
For Next time:
I plan to finish reading the book. Then, I plan to write a full summary about it on the next blog entry.
Source for the picture: http://people.dbq.edu/students/sparsons/Power%20Point/farm%20animals.jpg
Book used: Animal Farm, George Orwell

No comments:
Post a Comment