For me this semester has been a great one. After looking back over this semester, I have learned many things the first being, how to use an online blog. Though I had a Blog Spot account before. Prior to this class I never had used an online blog on a weekly basis. I might of only written one entry on my other blog. My experience of using Blog Spot this semester was great. I think it’s useful because I made me think that this is a excellent place, where I can write my thoughts down and express them. I think I will be writting on my other blog now on. Keeping an online blog will allow my thoughts to be heard by people throughout the world, which to me sounds pretty cool.
The second lesson I learned while attending this class was the internet research assignment, where the class was allowed to pick any topic to research on. If I recall it was during blog entry 1.2. I think that this blog entry was useful for me because since I had a huge fascination with aliens, this blog entry allowed me to learn more facts about them. Due to time I never had the time to research about them and the only things, I know about aliens were that they weren't creatures from earth, they had space ships and that they had been spotted at Roswell, Mexico. From this blog entry I learned the story of Barney and Betty as the first people who encountered with aliens.
Another important lesson I learned in class was being able to break down a poem and find the meanings behind. Before this class I used to do this but with short poems. So I never really thought that I could master interpreting poems. By taking this class I learned how to break them down with much longer poems like Christina Rossetti’s poem Goblin Market. In blog entry 2.1, I got to find the meaning behind the poem by using literary elements such as connotations, denotations, symbolism and archetypes. I enjoyed doing the blog entry 2.1; I think that this blog entry was useful for me because it made me know that I do have the capability of interpreting longer poems.
Another lesson I learned from this class was in Blog Entry 2.2. This blog entry involved the class selecting an archetype that suited them the best. I got the innocent archetype. This blog entry made me discover that in literature I would be considered as such. This meant that I would be described as a character that is trustful, helpful, and truthful. This is important to me because now when I read a novel, I know which character personality in novel suits my personality the best.
The blog entry I found valuable was Bik, Sandra blog entry 2.2. This blog entry was about the innocent archetype. The reason behind this is because I liked how she described the innocent archetype using a picture of nature. She used an image on the sun rising through the snow to describe her archetype. I think that it was well though on her part. I also liked how she described the innocent archetype because it was well informed
In conclusion, it was a pleasure attending your class Professor Smith, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment